Spohn 93-97 Camaro/Firebird Adjustable Torque Arm
If you want serious performance, handling, and traction when you're at the dragstrip, AutoX, or road racing; then you need a Spohn Performance fully adjustable torque arm, here's what it'll do:
- Attaches to the rear axle and controls rear end torque during acceleration, transferring this energy into the tires, increasing straight line traction
- Reduces nose-dive during braking
- Eliminates wheelhop
- Increases sidebite during corner exit acceleration
- Bolt-on system does not require complete interior removal as with other kits
- No fabrication, welding or drilling required - 100% bolt-in installation!
- Removes the torque arm pivot point from the rear of the transmission to the supplied crossmember
- Changes the instantaneous center and leverage point from stock
- Provides adjustable pinion angle
- Poly version utilizes polyurethane front mount to keep noise at a minimum
- Rod ended version utilizes a QA1 extra high strength, chrome moly spherical rod end with TeflonŽ/KevlarŽ self lubricating race for those who demand the best in bind-free performance and strength
- FREE angle finder included to set pinion angle
- Constructed of 1.25" o.d. x .120" wall DOM (drawn over mandrel) seamless mild steel tubing
- TIG welded 4130 chrome moly threaded tube adapters
- Heavy-duty 3/8" thick steel rear housing mounting plates
- Heavy-duty mild steel crossmember with integral torque arm mounting system
- Polyurethane bushing front mount for minimal road noise, Grade 8 hardware is supplied. Integral grease fitting allows for lubrication of the polyurethane bushing
- Rod ended version utilizes a QA1 extra high strength, chrome moly spherical rod end with TeflonŽ/KevlarŽ self lubricating race for those who demand the best in bind-free performance and strength. Grade 8 hardware is supplied
- Unique rotating front torque arm mount, this system allows the torque arm to travel fore/aft which is VERY necessary with a torque arm suspension system. Solidly mounting the front of the torque arm causes the suspension to bind and hurts your car's handling drastically. The front rotator tube has an integral grease fitting to allow for proper lubrication.
- Rear of torque arm mounts to the 3/8" thick steel rear housing mounting plates via two 3/4"-16 NFT x 5/8" bore x 7/8" thick solid steel rod ends. These are solid rod ends, not spherical bearing rod ends, so noise is of no concern. Grade 8 - 5/8" bolts and 5/8" nylock nuts are supplied.
- Integral Pinion Angle Adjuster between the bottom rear solid rod end and the bottom rear torque arm tube allows for easy pinion angle adjustment. A simple turn of the wrench will give you 6 degrees of pinion angle adjustment, it's that simple.
- Entire package is a complete bolt-in assembly using existing mounting points on the vehicle. No drilling or welding is required!
- NHRA rules require a driveshaft safety loop on any vehicle running quicker than 13.99, or on any car running slicks. NHRA rules call for a loop with at least .250" wall thickness, located no more than 6" from the front u-joint. All Spohn Performance driveshaft safety loops meet every NHRA specification requirement in both build construction, and mounting location.
- This is a proven product being run on some of the fastest F-Bodies in the country!
- Rear mounting bracket is designed to fit on the OEM rear or an aftermarket 12 bolt or Ford 9" rear
- Available powder coated red or black.
NOTE: Do not get a rear driveshaft safety loop if your car is lowered, or if you have an SLP "Loud-Mouth" cat-back exhaust system.
Now Available: The ultimate in bullet-proof lightweight strength, 100% TIG welded chrome moly construction! Same as above, but torque arm is constructed entirely from 1.25" x .095" 4130 chrome moly tubing.
1993-1997 Camaro/Firebird V8
1993-1997 Camaro/Firebird V6 (must convert to one piece driveshaft)