Spohn 82-02 Camaro/Firebird Trans Mounted Adjustable Torque Arm
Replace your flimsy factory torque arm with a durable Spohn tubular version and put the power where it belongs - the pavement! Built from 1.25" x .120" tubing with a heavy-duty 3/8" rear mounting bracket. Bolts directly in place of factory torque arm using all factory mounting locations. Requires no welding or drilling. Equipped with an adjuster for changing pinion angle and a new, low deflection polyurethane front bushing.
If you want serious performance, handling, and traction when you're at the dragstrip, AutoX, or road racing; then you need a Spohn Performance fully adjustable torque arm, here's what it'll do:
- Attaches to the rear axle and controls rear end torque during acceleration, transferring this energy into the tires, increasing straight line traction
- Reduces nose-dive during braking
- Eliminates wheelhop
- Increases sidebite during corner exit acceleration
- Bolt-on system does not require complete interior removal as with other kits
- No fabrication, welding or drilling required - 100% bolt-in installation!
- Provides adjustable pinion angle
- FREE angle finder included to set pinion angle
- Constructed of 1.25" o.d. x .120" wall DOM (drawn over mandrel) seamless mild steel tubing
- Front "stub" of torque arm is reinforced by TIG welding a piece of 1" solid 4140 chrome moly into the i.d. of the front snub. This is the strongest transmission mounted torque arm on the market = bullet-proof!
- TIG welded 4130 chrome moly threaded tube adapters
- Heavy-duty 3/8" thick steel rear housing mounting plates
- Polyurethane bushing front mount for minimal road noise
- Grade 8 mounting hardware is supplied
- Front torque arm polyurethane bushing mount allows for fore and aft travel, as well as free rotational travel for bind-free performance
- Rear of torque arm mounts to the 3/8" thick steel rear housing mounting plates via two 3/4"-16 NFT x 5/8" bore x 7/8" thick solid steel rod ends. These are solid rod ends, not spherical bearing rod ends, so noise is of no concern. Grade 8 - 5/8" bolts and 5/8" nylock nuts are supplied.
- Integral Pinion Angle Adjuster between the bottom rear solid rod end and the bottom rear torque arm tube allows for easy pinion angle adjustment. A simple turn of the wrench will give you 6 degrees of pinion angle adjustment, it's that simple.
- Entire package is a complete bolt-in assembly using existing mounting points on the vehicle. No drilling or welding is required!
- This is a proven product being run on some of the fastest F-Bodies in the country!
- Rear mounting bracket is designed to fit on the OEM rear or an aftermarket 12 bolt or Ford 9" rear
- Available powder coated red or black.
Note: 1982-1992 cars require the use of a factory torque arm bushing clamshell mount designed for bushing type 7-1609. If your vehicle is equipped with a 7-1611 type bushing, you will need to get the 7-1609 type clamshell.
1982-2002 Camaro/Firebird V8
1993-2002 Camaro/Firebird V6 (must convert to one piece driveshaft)